I have been blogging about African vernacular architecture for well over a year . I have a few basic “truths” that I keep pointing out in the blog… article.. video.. web page that I blog about.
1.Architecture is a major component of a country’s culture.
2.African vernacular architecture is disappearing.
3.People do not believe in vernacular materials and construction techniques.
4. People do believe in western materials and construction techniques
5. Vernacular materials and techniques have worked and still do.
6. Vernacular materials are sustainable.
7. Building with western materials is a status symbol… an indication of wealth.
8. Documentation of African vernacular architecture is very limited but it is an important task that needs to be done.
Because of these truths.. I have decided to do something about it!
I just launched an Indie GoGo campaign to raise funds to document the vernacular architecture of Malawi, Lesotho and Swaziland.
If you feel this is truly an important project you can help…
1. Open the link to my Indie GoGo campaign page.
2. Make a comment about how important this project is… and it is.
3. Share the link with your network.. Email… Twitter.. FaceBook….
4. Contribute to the campaign
Here is the link again to my campaign:
Thanks for helping me preserve a piece of culture.